I admit that I had been drinking a little, but I was certainly not drunk when I wrecked that dirt bike. The guy who darted in front of me was a different story, and I sort of wish that I had hit him. It probably would have hurt him a lot less than when he wrecked the bike about five minutes later. I did not come out nearly so bad as he did. I took some aspirins, or actually alleve and then a few days later I found a Huntington chiropractor to work on my back. Read more “I Wrecked My Dirt Bike”
We were planting flower bulbs as a volunteer project working to beautify one of those large traffic lane separators at an intersection. It was in sore need of renovation as it has overgrown with weeds. We pulled all the weeds and dug up the couple of small trees that were growing there. We replanted the whole thing. It was a lot of work stripping it done to bare soil and making tiered planting beds. We got it done in a day, but I had to call my chiropractor in SF the next day. I hurt my back unloading a truckload of mulch by myself. I was really working the shovel as the bed of the truck did not tilt. Read more “The Awful Feeling of a Pinched Nerve in My Upper Back”
Dry skin looks older and it can be itchy. There can be flaky too that isn’t very appealing. The use of Jojoba oil is going to provide your skin with plenty of additional moisture. As a result, your skin will look radiant. It will have a healthy glow that makes you look younger. It will also reduce or eliminate signs of flaking or the itchy feeling. You only need a few drops.
Wearing makeup can be hard on the skin. There are harsh chemicals found in most products to remove it. You can use Jojoba oil to safely and effectively remove your makeup each day. It will offer you the moisturising benefits at the same time. Making this one simple change to your daily routine can significantly impact how your face looks and feels.
The efforts of curling, blow drying, and styling hair can take a toll on it. Many products such as shampoo and conditioners actually strip the hair of essential vitamins it needs. This can leave you with hair that is dry or brittle. Jojoba oil can help you to regain hair that is strong and healthy. It is less likely to break and you can grow it out if you like. It will also have more volume.
Add a few drops when you are in the shower and massage it well in your scalp. For hair that is very dry or an itchy scalp, apply a few drops to damp hair after you get out of the shower too. It isn’t going to make your hair look oily and it won’t prevent your usual styling products from working like they usually do.
Part of the reason Jojoba oil works so well for healthy skin and hair is the abundance of certain vitamins. It contains both Vitamin E and Vitamin B Complex. This can help to reduce signs of wrinkles and fine lines. If you don’t have such issues yet, this additional to your daily routine can prevent them from forming.
These vitamins are also great for your lips so you can rub some on to add moisture and prevent them from chapping. You can also use it as a way to prevent your lips from looking older. If they have signs of cracking around there or the upper lip, it can add many years to the overall look of your face.
The vitamins found in it can help to reduce problems with acne. They can balance the production of sebum and help to prevent breakouts from the inside out. If you have scars from acne, apply it daily in a circular motion. This can help the scars to fade and you will be more confident with your appearance.
The skin can be damaged due to various types of infections. Sores that take a long time to heal are the most vulnerable. Jojoba oil can help to fight the infection. It can also help to reduce fungi and other types of skin concerns. Wash your hands well before adding it to the affected area a couple of times per day. If it doesn’t start to show improvements, seek medical attention.
Teenage skin is often clouded with skin issues such as acne, pimples, and blemishes. Let us have a look at essential skin care tips to control and prevent these skin woes in teenage years and achieve a flawless skin.
Teenage skin is generally very oily, thanks to the ever-changing hormones that can cause the sebaceous glands to over produce sebum. Many teenage boys and girls get zits and acne due to poor eating habits, improper digestion, lack of sleep, heavy makeup, unclean makeup brushes, pore-clogging skin products etc. All these can contribute an environment for bacterial growth and thus cause acne and pimples.
While there is not much one can do about hormones, one can surely control of the skin woes by a proper skin care regime. What you need is a gentle cleanser, preferably with ingredients such as Green Tea that is full of anti-oxidants. Use the cleanser at least twice a day to keep the oiliness at bay. After cleansing the skin, it is essential to use a mild toner to remove any traces of the cleanser as well as to close the pores.
Causes of acne and pimples
Acne and pimples are a result of three actors in combination-sebum, dead skin cells, and bacterial growth.
Sebum is the skin’s natural oil that is produced by sebaceous glands to keep the skin naturally moisturized. When the production of sebum is more than needed, it clogs the pores which lead to pimples and blackheads. Also, when the skin starts to shed too many dead cells it may result in an outbreak too. These become a breeding ground for zits.
While bacteria are found all over a clear skin too, when the sebum is overproduced and there is an outbreak of pimples, bacterial growth multiplies. Bacteria feeds on sebum produces fatty acids and irritates the pores that cause the skin to become red and inflamed. This redness and soreness result in blemishes.
Myths surrounding acne
- A common myth is that acne can be spread through contact. However, it is a wrong notion. Acne is not spread through contact It is the bacteria on the skin that causes acne.
- Another myth is that when excessive dirt accumulates, bacteria grows and causes acne. however, too much of washing can irritate the sink and cause the production of excessive sebum.
- Acne is treatable. While many people think that once you get acne, you have to live with it, it is wrong! With a proper skin are a regime and the right diet, acne can be cured and prevented.
Tips to fight teenage blemish
A good skin care regime can work wonders to get a clear skin.
- Wash your face at least twice a day with a mild cleanser. Ingredients such as Green Tea and Willow Bark extract are effective in drying out acne.
- Use a mild toner to clean the face after cleansing. This helps to close the pores.
- A mild moisturizer will bring back balance and nourishment to the skin without being too greasy.
- A deep cleansing mask will cleanse the skin from depth, thus removing the dead skin cells.
- Petroleum and mineral oil based products block up the pores. Try avoiding these.
- Always remove makeup before going to the bed. Use a mild face wash and makeup remover to do so.
- Do not wash your face with hot water. Rather, use Luke warm water to do so.
- Touching your face too much causes transfer of bacteria from hands to the face and makes breakout common.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water so the impurities pass out with the urine.
- Avoid junk and oily food. Even sugar, soft drinks, and highly seasoned food cause an imbalance in the skin.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, and foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Also, eat foods sufficient in Vitamin B2 such as whole grains, nuts, and beans.
Some people are cut out for just this. It starts early, that careful grooming of hair, nails, hands, feet and face, it may extend to lifestyles and food habits that will maintain the ideal body shape, keen interest in fashion trends and knowledge of beauty secrets passed down the ages and beauty tips for the not so patient listener.
Conde Nast started Vanity Fair, the popular magazine on fashion, culture and current affairs in 1913. A hundred years later, it is still publishing monthly articles on notable people, fashion trends, world events and carries full page portraits of beautiful celebrities. He was just one. There are many like that who would like to share the world of fashion and beauty that is so much within their reach with the rest of the world.
With the advent of the world wide web and blogging, publishing a magazine is no longer necessary. There are many bloggers who write about the very same things one would find in a world class magazine like Marie Claire, Vogue or Vanity Fair. There are so many blogs that the first twenty, or the first fifty has been rated for the reader’s convenience.
The outstanding reason behind a successful fashion and beauty blog is the knowledge that you the blogger have something different to say and works hard at saying it.
What are the other reasons that go into making a successful fashion blog or beauty blog?
A fashion blog is like having a fashion magazine online. While a magazine has different departments and people to take care of writing, photography, art department, sales, etc. a blogger basically has to do all of this on his or her own.. Some of the skills required for this job of having a fashion blog are
· Writing skills – writing should be appealing and readable. Anything that’s boring and dull will not get readers
· Editing skills – punctuation and grammar should be right – translating into something the reader can trust.
· Modelling and being a stylist – should not be awkward when it comes to modelling in clothes. A certain level of comfort and confidence in your own body is essential. A sense of style which can create a unique statement which is creative and interesting is essential.
· Photography/ Creative visualization – Basic photography skills with a high quality camera with knowledge of lighting and angles is a great asset to have
· Photo editing skills as in Photoshop for lighting, color, shadows is essential for those pictures which will attract traffic to your fashion blog
· Social media skills – must be conversant with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ etc. Making the accounts in all these visually appealing will generate more interest to the benefit of your blog.
· Ad sales and Public Relations – This has to do with advertising your blog with a little bit of showing off your achievements in order for advertisers to tie up with your blog. Public relations is establishing good relations with brands and companies that are relevant to the matter of your blog.
· Basics of web design and HTML – will help you make changes or fix bugs on your website without having to resort to expensive outside help.
People often get these two terms confused. They both take place in a beauty school, they both require some form of certification, and they both involve cosmetic work that can help clients look and feel more beautiful than ever before. Most individuals think that these two are the same thing, but there are huge differences that individuals should be aware of before deciding on their career path.
Cosmetology is what most people think of when they think of beauty school in the first place. They envision cutting and styling to perfection in a salon. Facials, expert manicures and pedicures and flawless make up looks are a few other things that cosmetology is known for. One of the key ways to help differentiate between the two is remembering that cosmetology often involves things that are more along the lines of cutting, styling and quick surface things that can easily be reversed, such as facials or manicures.
Beauty therapy is similar to cosmetology in the fact that a person goes to school to learn beauty treatments. The coursework is often different, however. Schools that specialize in beauty therapy treatments often offer more advanced coursework, like laser hair removal training and other beauty therapy. In addition to this, they often offer some of the more popular courses that are offered at schools that specialize in cosmetology, such as certified nail technician courses.
Which one to choose
When students are faced with deciding which school to attend, they are often faced with choosing between cosmetology and beauty therapy schools. While beauty therapy schools offer some of the same things that cosmetology schools offer, most cosmetology schools do not offer courses in laser hair removal training.
Students are encouraged to sit back and consider their education goals. If a student would like to learn more advanced beauty therapy treatments, a beauty school that specializes in courses such as laser hair removal training will be the best option. Students that have a dream of working in a salon and giving their clients a haircut that they will fall in love with or the perfect pedicure will find that a beauty school that specializes in more cosmetology practices instead of advanced beauty therapy treatments, like laser hair removal training, will be more up their alley.
An education is what determines a person’s future, making it one of the most important decisions in a young adult’s life. Because of this, students are encouraged to take their time shopping around, just like when they want to find the perfect outfit.
Many beauty school have websites that list their tuition, the various courses that are offered, and what the schedule will look like. If a student is interested, they can usually take a tour of the facility, and visit the labs that they will be working in. Sometimes, a school will even allow an interested person to sit in on a laser hair removal training class so that they can determine if this is the path that they would like to take.
When deciding on a career path, knowing the difference between cosmetology and beauty therapy is vital in making the decision on which to school to attend, and which career path they would like to take. Confusing these two terms is extremely common, but it can also mean the difference between attending a school that focuses on stylist work and attending a school that focuses on more advanced beauty treatments, such as laser hair removal training.
Future students are advised to keep these two terms, and their differences in mind as they visit different school and begin to develop their own education goals.
About Us: Ray Cochrane Beauty School remains one of the most well-known schools in the London area. It is a small school that is known for having a more affordable tuition than larger schools, and they are known to offer smaller class sizes for a more personal learning experience. They also pride themselves in being well-known for offering a high quality education that has been internationally recognised.
If you have always dreamt of flawless, acne and blemish free beautiful skin, it can be yours now. Try these 10 simple beauty hacks to tackle your skin woes and give your skin that radiant natural look you have always wished for.
- Do not forget to follow the golden rule of removing all traces of makeup before you go to bed. With makeup on, your skin is not free to breathe. It clogs the skin overnight, thus leading to blemishes, blackheads, and whiteheads. Always remove your makeup with a mild oil such as olive oil with a cotton ball dipped in it. This will get you rid of dirt and makeup. It is also essential to exfoliate your skin every once or twice a week. This will remove any dead cells accumulation from the skin surface and clean the pores, thus leaving you with blemish free clear skin. A paste of walnuts with yogurt is great for exfoliating the skin natural way.
- Long-time sun exposure can lead to age spots, wrinkles, and other skin woes early in life. It is essential to apply a sunblock of at least SPF 15 to block UVA and UVB rays. Make sure that the sunblock is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. Do not skip the sunscreen if there is no visible sun. Reflective surfaces such as beach, snow or ice can harm the skin with hidden sun rays.
- Regular exercise is as essential as any other activity. Be it running, jogging, cycling or yoga, any form of exercise that increases the blood circulation and accelerates the cleaning process of the body is important. However, do not forget your skincare regime after or before a workout. Before heading out for exercise, apply toner to minimize oil production. Similarly, after a workout, exfoliate and apply a mild moisturizer such as shea butter or olive oil.
- Eat fresh and seasonal foods. Avoid heavy carb-laden and oil food such as fries, colas, or any other junk food. Remember, you are what you eat. Include a lot of fresh produce such as raw vegetables, fruits, and nuts. A diet rich in minerals, vitamins and low in fats and sugar will give you radiant skin.
- Sleep is an important factor that any do not consider worth remembering. Get at least 7-8 hours of sound sleep. The body needs its share of rest to rejuvenate and regenerate. Not getting ample sleep will show on your skin making it look dull, sagging and with dark circles. It is essential to apply a good moisturizing cream before you retire to bed. While you are sleeping, your body uses this moisturizer to heal and repair the skin.
- Hydrate yourself. 60% of our bodies are made up of water. When the water level goes down, your skin feels dull, lifeless and lacks any elasticity. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Have fruits and vegetables high in water content such as oranges, lemons, cucumber, watermelon etc. To treat puffy eyes, use rose water all over your skin as a cotton ball dipped in it or as a spritz. It maintains the pH balance of the skin and restores its hydration.
- Follow a skincare regime that is as close to nature as possible. Masks and packs made up of fuller’s earth, turmeric, camphor, sandalwood etc. have great benefits. Pamper yourself occasionally to a face massage or a spa. Oils such as coconut, oil, almond or even mustard impart a nourishing glow to your skin. Massage for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water instead of hot water. Hot water tends to strip the skin of its natural oils. Choose a cleanser that contains alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid. After a gentle face wash, apply a lotion containing benzoyl peroxide to combat acne. Do not touch your face frequently or pop pimples. These will leave behind scars and acne marks. Clean with rose water and place a cooled bag of green tea for 10 mins.
- It is always a better idea to connect to nature and to your roots. Ayurveda is known to be an Indian mantra for all diseases and health wellbeing. It has a lot of beauty secrets hidden within it. A simple breathing technique can help you get rid of toxins and give you radiant skin. When your body is in harmony with your mind and soul, you feel energized and it shows on your face.
- Follow healthy habits such as yoga, meditation, a brisk walk etc. Minimize stress by practicing stress management. Exercise your way to good health and radiant skin.
As an individual become older wrinkles, appearance lines, age spots, hanging skin and under-eye dark circles start showing up. The best thing to do is to look for treatment for these maturing signs. Before going with the blade or needle to overcome these signs, you should consider All-in-one anti-aging cream first. There are a number of anti-aging creams present online and at the market place. Some are for the specific problem while some are “All in one” types creams. There are creams that reduce your wrinkles and lessen age spots in a given period of time. Today, anti-aging treatment are more beneficial and healthy over physical treatment in overcoming aging spots.
Before purchasing any of the anti-aging creams, it would be valuable to do research work – get some answers concerning the ingredients in the product; refer product audits or reviews, etc. An All-in-one anti-aging cream consist of a wide range of ingredients such as Copper peptide, Argireline, Matrixyl, Nano Silicone dioxide, Idebenone, Hyaluronic acid, Conjugated linoleic acid, Witch Hazel, Squalane, Vitamin C Ester, Vitamin A palmitate, Vitamin D3, Rose hydrolysate, Vitamin E oil, Vitamin K, Pro-Vitamin B5, Beta-Glucan, etc that helps in staving off wrinkles and dark spots. It additionally serves to recognize what is the skin issue or maturing sign you need to target, so you can be particular about the capacity/ingredients looking for a product.
But instead of using serums, creams, face wash, peptide solutions, etc why don’t you prefer an All-in-one anti-aging cream. It is the product that can give you numerous benefits to overcome dark spots and aging problems.
The cream can be used carefully in the morning and even at night on the clean face. Now, because of the content and ingredients present it might tingle or itch for a couple of minutes after applying yet ought to be proceeded with and sooner the skin gets comfortable to it. None of the ingredients present in All-in-one anti-aging cream are harmful to the skin. It can easily be applied around and under the eyes and lips.
Collagen, the connective tissue present in the lower layers of the skin provides glowing and elasticity to the skin. Likewise, with most anti-aging treatments the reenactment of collagen is an imperative impact. Pay attention towards ingredients such as Vitamin C which helps collagen creation; you get the advantage of reducing wrinkles and fine lines calming out, and in addition firming the skin, enhancing the presence of loose skin.
An All-in-one anti-aging cream is yellowish in color which keeps the equalization of dampness, furthermore to keep the skin supple. With an appropriate hydration of the skin, various other ingredients get consumed all the more effectively. Not just on the face, the cream can be applied on the lips to lessen the fine lines present around the lips. One other vital capacity of aging cream against maturing treatment is to reduce pigmentations along with age-spots, over the old scars to accomplish a smooth and younger look. Without dryness, the face instantly looks fresh and younger.
The best haircuts for a woman with a round face include different styles in various lengths. With any cut, the length needs to flatter her face’s full shape. The cut also needs to frame and balance her youthful features like her mouth and eyes. Whether the hairstyle is short, medium, or long, they all have similar but explicit elements that look best with round faces.
There are certain short styles that can exaggerate or accentuate fullness but the best haircuts do not need to be a certain length. One style that works well with a full face is one that gives height at the crown with spikes or lifted bangs. This style helps to bring attention to their eyes instead of the widest areas and elongate their face. Cuts that have a length just below the ear or chin should be chosen instead of a cut that hits right at the cheeks or ear. If you have curly hair, it could cause this style to look wider so you should add a little more height to lengthen the face.
You can also use a medium-length haircut to create the illusion of a longer face. This hairstyle can be pulled back while creating volume at the crown with the use of bangs. This will give a variety to the style and flatter the natural shape of their face. Using subtle layers will work better than having choppy blunt sectors that feather outward or tuck behind your ear. Another style that works with medium-length haircuts are the ones that a slight inward curve that hits right around your shoulders also work well. If your hair is curly you may need to have it thinned out some to prevent it from having a widening effect.
One of the best haircuts for women with a round face is having a long length. This will elongate her face and create a harmonizing balance. The most dramatic effect can be gotten from straight, sleek styles that frame the face. If you have curls or soft, natural wave without too much width it can pull your face down slightly because hair weighs more. Typically, curly or thick hair will need some layering and thinning on a long cut. A long cut will also work better if you have curls and natural waves instead of bulkier, tighter waves and curls.
A certain bang style works with the best haircuts for women with round faces. You should stay away from straight or blunt cut bangs because they appear to shorten your face and make it appear wider. Choose bangs that sweep to the side or do not use bangs at all. If you have a style with height and length straight or thick bangs go with these styles.
Everyone loves a great hairstyle, but it can be a challenge to take care of it in extreme weather and temperatures. Unless you spend the whole of winter indoors, you would want some workable hair solutions to care for your hair at all times.
Keeping your hair moist is very important as your moisture can be easily lost in windy and hot conditions, making it dry and brittle, and tending to break easily. When there is a change of extreme temperatures, hydrating it is crucial to keep it in good health, such as in the case of entering a warm environment from the outside cold.
Ways to care for your hair
To avoid causing brittleness, always use the medium temperature when using the dryer; not using it is a better option, although this may be hard for many. As moisture is lost from your hair in extreme weather conditions, blow drying increases the damage. Dry and brittle hair is the end result. This goes too for the flat and curling irons.
Frequent hair washing is helpful in extreme weather conditions, although many think otherwise. They prefer to put on a cap or hat to cover their hair while some wear a scarf over their hair, all of which causes a high increase of sebum in your hair. It is more advisable to wash your hair frequently to remove the sebum and dirt sticking onto your hair, and eliminate the possibility of scalp problems like dandruff and an itchy scalp.
Hair care products
Sometimes one needs the extra assistance that comes in the form of good quality hair care products. Hair care specialists have designed special products through deep research and study to put back what is lacking in your hair for a return of its glow and good health. Keep in mind to check the ingredients of your hair care product. It should have majority of natural ingredients.
Choose a hydrating shampoo and a good conditioner as part of your hair care regimen. Sometimes you can leave the conditioner on for a longer time to get rid of the static; at times, you might want to put on a masque to repair your hair and strengthen it.
Consult a hair care professional to identify the best hair care product for your type of hair and stick to the best one to give your hair that healthy vibrant look in all seasons.