If you have always dreamt of flawless, acne and blemish free beautiful skin, it can be yours now. Try these 10 simple beauty hacks to tackle your skin woes and give your skin that radiant natural look you have always wished for.
- Do not forget to follow the golden rule of removing all traces of makeup before you go to bed. With makeup on, your skin is not free to breathe. It clogs the skin overnight, thus leading to blemishes, blackheads, and whiteheads. Always remove your makeup with a mild oil such as olive oil with a cotton ball dipped in it. This will get you rid of dirt and makeup. It is also essential to exfoliate your skin every once or twice a week. This will remove any dead cells accumulation from the skin surface and clean the pores, thus leaving you with blemish free clear skin. A paste of walnuts with yogurt is great for exfoliating the skin natural way.
- Regular exercise is as essential as any other activity. Be it running, jogging, cycling or yoga, any form of exercise that increases the blood circulation and accelerates the cleaning process of the body is important. However, do not forget your skincare regime after or before a workout. Before heading out for exercise, apply toner to minimize oil production. Similarly, after a workout, exfoliate and apply a mild moisturizer such as shea butter or olive oil.
- Eat fresh and seasonal foods. Avoid heavy carb-laden and oil food such as fries, colas, or any other junk food. Remember, you are what you eat. Include a lot of fresh produce such as raw vegetables, fruits, and nuts. A diet rich in minerals, vitamins and low in fats and sugar will give you radiant skin.
- Sleep is an important factor that any do not consider worth remembering. Get at least 7-8 hours of sound sleep. The body needs its share of rest to rejuvenate and regenerate. Not getting ample sleep will show on your skin making it look dull, sagging and with dark circles. It is essential to apply a good moisturizing cream before you retire to bed. While you are sleeping, your body uses this moisturizer to heal and repair the skin.
- Hydrate yourself. 60% of our bodies are made up of water. When the water level goes down, your skin feels dull, lifeless and lacks any elasticity. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Have fruits and vegetables high in water content such as oranges, lemons, cucumber, watermelon etc. To treat puffy eyes, use rose water all over your skin as a cotton ball dipped in it or as a spritz. It maintains the pH balance of the skin and restores its hydration.
- Follow a skincare regime that is as close to nature as possible. Masks and packs made up of fuller’s earth, turmeric, camphor, sandalwood etc. have great benefits. Pamper yourself occasionally to a face massage or a spa. Oils such as coconut, oil, almond or even mustard impart a nourishing glow to your skin. Massage for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water instead of hot water. Hot water tends to strip the skin of its natural oils. Choose a cleanser that contains alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid. After a gentle face wash, apply a lotion containing benzoyl peroxide to combat acne. Do not touch your face frequently or pop pimples. These will leave behind scars and acne marks. Clean with rose water and place a cooled bag of green tea for 10 mins.
- It is always a better idea to connect to nature and to your roots. Ayurveda is known to be an Indian mantra for all diseases and health wellbeing. It has a lot of beauty secrets hidden within it. A simple breathing technique can help you get rid of toxins and give you radiant skin. When your body is in harmony with your mind and soul, you feel energized and it shows on your face.
- Follow healthy habits such as yoga, meditation, a brisk walk etc. Minimize stress by practicing stress management. Exercise your way to good health and radiant skin.